I get quite a few requests asking me for advice. Here are the tips I suggest for all who have an interest in making a big pay check working overseas.
1. First, if married talk it over with the wife. Make sure you both understand the long separation and danger involved and then make the decision together.
2. If you are having financial difficulties buy the book The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. If you don’t know how to manage the money you have now then getting more money will not solve the problem.
3. Go to Danger Zone Jobs and read the free information.
If still interested then become a paid Member of the Danger Zone Jobs website. It has valuable information and lists the current companies hiring for overseas work.
4. Make your resume match as closely as possible the job you want. If needed, write a separate resume for each job application to highlight your qualifications. The idea is to match your qualifications to the job you want.
5. There are also many domestic oil field jobs available in North Dakota, Texas, and other states in the US. These pay very well but have no income tax breaks.
Good luck in your search. It is not easy to get that first overseas job but the rewards can be well worth the effort, if you don’t get shot, blown up, or captured. Working overseas is dangerous!
Incoming search terms:
- getting job in overseas